Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 2, 2016


January 2, 2016

 

I woke up around 6:00 this morning and was very happy to see that our temperature at that time was 70° and was grateful that we were escaping 33° in Dunkirk.
 
 

It is predicted to be cooler tomorrow and next week, but after all it is winter and I will be able to deal with temps in the high 60’s and low 70’s.
 
At breakfast, I enjoyed some sugar free strawberry preserves that my prayer partner, Jennifer, gave me for Christmas. It was really very tasty and I appreciated her thoughtfulness.
 
 
 
We made a trip to the new Super Walmart that we saw under construction last year. I don’t think we have bought more groceries at one time since my children left home. I have never been in a Walmart that had a “Beach Section”.
 
 


Cordell found the candy aisle, but he didn’t find very much sugar free candy there!
 
 

We spent the afternoon watching some of the college football bowl games and wish they had been more competitive. Cordell has been helping me by posting the photos on our blog.
 
 

There were a lot of clouds around, but it was a very peaceful and quiet day for us.
 
 

We had dinner at our favorite restaurant, Skip One. The gulf shrimp and oysters were as delicious as we remembered them.
 
 

I declined coffee after dinner, but I know some people who would like a cup like this in the morning.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I bet most of the Walmarts - at least the ones one the shores of Florida - have a "beach" section! If they don't they certainly SHOULD! But it's really much more FUN to shop in those little beach shops! Glad to see you got your shrimp - but I'll pass on THAT cup o'coffee! It would be passin' through me ALL DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete